In the Limelight

It seems this blog thing is getting more and more into the limelight. This word, limelight, comes from the 19th century spotlights of directing a flame at a stick of lime (calcium-oxide, the main ingredient in concrete). The stick would glow and they could reflect the high-intensity light at the performer, orator, etc.



Only problem with my blogging, is it takes at least three edits before I finally get a post perfect. Such is the problems: grammar, missing information, improper html formatting, blah blah blah. Once I think I even performed eight edits before I finally said that was good enough. Oh well. It's fun anyways!



And pictures aren't always a necessity either, although I put some of the Wrath of Khan pictures up as a slideshow on the sidebar for your enjoyment. This is actually my Picasa miscellaneous folder, so anything I deem fit will go there and show up on the little slideshow.



Nothing else too extraordinary to report, except that it's a potluck (share-a-dish for the politically correct people) at church, and I'm cooking up a double batch of chili. Probably should post this and go check to see how it's going. Anyhow, just thought I'd drop by. I hope I don't become a daily journalist like my sister. No. I won't. Although this is becoming more and more interesting as it goes on...



Edits this post: had to come back and add these paragraph breaks, since it jammed everything together. I should have checked my post options before I published, but I'm just absent-minded like that y'know.

2 comments:

  1. I would have never known.

    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...chili! That's what I made for supper last night! It was good, if I do say so myself! :)

    ~ALG~

    ReplyDelete

Comment loud, comment often. But comment on the content!

All comments are filtered through to my email, so your spam will never make it. Unless, of course, you wanted to try injection attacks into my email, which would probably not happen since Blogger just tells me that a comment is awaiting moderation and doesn't bother to tell me what it says. I trust Blogger like that..